Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash soup is such a classic and this is an easy one.
- Cut and sauté the onions in the olive oil and 1 tsp. kosher salt for 15-20 minutes, until translucent.
- Peel and cut the butternut squash and sweet potato into chunks. Add to the pot and sauté with the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the water, white wine, nutmeg, pepper and the rest of the salt. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the butternut squash is tender.
- Blend. Taste the soup and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Optional—garnish with roasted, salted pumpkin or sunflower seeds when serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!