Cauliflower Chicken Soup
W.A. Bean's Smoked Chicken is an ingredient to use twice. You can shred the breast meat to make a chicken salad or another meal. Save the carcass and remaining of dark and white meat to make a deep, rich and flavorful chicken stock.
- 1 W.A.Bean Smoked Chicken carcass (breast meat removed)
- 2 each Carrots, 1 cut in half, 1 finely chopped
- 2 each Onions, 1 cut in half, 1 finely chopped
- 4 each Celery sticks, 2 cut in half, 2 finely chopped
- 1 cup Cauliflower in bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup broccoli in bite-size pieces
- Put smoked chicken carcass, 2 halves carrot, 2 halves onion, 2 halves celery in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to simmer on medium low heat and boil 2-4 hours. Do not bring to a rolling boil, let it simmer slowly.
- Remove from stove top and remove and discard carrot, onion and celery
- Let the chicken cool down enough for you to handle and shred any meat back into the stock. Discard the carcass. Set aside in a bowl if using the same pot for the soup.
- Saute chopped carrot, onion and celery in until translucent with a little bit of olive oil. Add cauliflower and cover with the reserved chicken stock. Cook 15 - 20 minutes on a medium heat until cauliflower is cooked through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!