Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 cup Celery minced
- 1 cup Carrot minced
- 1 cup Onion minced
- 1 cup Corn off the cob
- 1.5 oz Classic Chicken Stock diluted in 3 cups hot water
- 16 oz Plucked Fresh Mild or Hot Salsa
- 1 tsp Chipotle Morita Powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Tortilla Chips broken in bite-size pieces
- 1-2 cups Smoked Chicken shredded
- t Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lime for garnish
- Avocado for garnish
- Fresh Jalapenos Thinly sliced for garnish
- Sour Cream for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp in a soup pan over medium heat, then add onion, celery and carrot. Sautee until translucent 10-15 minutes
- Add Chipotle Powder and Cumin. Stir and then add corn and salsa.
- Cover with 3 cups of stock and bring to simmer over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes
- Add smoked chicken and warm through.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips as "croutons"
- Garnish with fresh avocado, cilantro, lime, and a dollop of sour cream
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!