Chorizo and Potato Burrito
A Cinco De Mayo inspired dish created by one of Native Maine's in-home Chef's!
- 1 each 1# North Country Chorizo Sausage casings removed
- 1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes dice ¼”
- 1 tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1 each Red onion Julienned
- 1 bag Radishes (6 oz) sliced
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Ricker Hill Organic Apple Cider
- 1 package Cocktail Tomatoes cut into small chunks
- 1 each Avocado to taste
- 1 each Sour Cream to taste
- 1 each Cilantro to taste
- 1 package Tortillas warmed in oven
- Heat saute pan to medium-high, andplace chorizo in the pan.
- Cook the chorizo through, and take out of pan, drain on paper towels. Leave the oil from the chorizo in the pan, this will impart great flavor in the next step
- Add your grape seed oil to the pan, and swirl around to heat.
- Take your diced potatoes and add to the pan. Spread them out to give them enough space to cook and brown. Turn the pan down to medium heat.
- Allow the potatoes to crisp up on one side in the pan. This will add some texture to the tacos. This should take around 15-20 minutes to cook the potatoes and develop a nice golden brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a medium sized bowl, add the red onions, radishes, salt and sugar. Toss all the ingredients around, and once coated, add the apple cider vinegar. You have just made quick pickled condiment for your tacos
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add your chorizo back to the pan and heat everything together.
- Take your tortillas and add some of the mix to the bottom. Top with avocado, sour cream, tomatoes, the pickled condiment, and cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!