Maine-ah’s are a rare breed. As much as we love summer, winter is when we really get excited to get outside. In these crazy times of COVID more of us are choosing to not travel to the warmer climates and to truly enjoy what Maine has to offer.
At Native Maine we are all about supporting our community while enjoying all that Mother Nature has to offer. We have compiled a list of fun local outdoor activities we believe you and your family will enjoy!
So get out there and have fun!
- Portland Trails- Enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, or walking. Their website gives a full list of maps, trails, events, updates, and donation resources
- Thompson’s Point– Has more than just ice skating! They have a rolling calendar of events for families and adults. For example, they’re doing a cookie decorating class on January 24th 10am-12pm.How cool is that!
- A ‘must visit” website for all your winter family fun activities in Portland and beyond is the website Macaroni kid Portland. To see a full list of winter activities click here.
- Best Things Maine has a list with 15 of Maine’s Best Winter Activities. It has everything from Ice Fishing rental information to The Annual Ice Harvest in South Bristol in February.
- This website also gives ideas for at home activities including snow paint, which could be fun and a good resource for those who are quarantining. It also gives ideas for pre-K through 8th grade.