Maine Grains Wheat Berry Taboule
Traditionally made with bulgur – here whole grain berries are used. A great lunch box item the day after making – as it soaks up all those flavors!
- Cook berries in 4 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer for 45-50 minutes.
- Drain berries and allow to cool. Hint: Cook more berries and freeze the excess for a later meal!
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes and scallions in a bowl.
- Add the parsley, mint and any other greens being used.
- Add the cooled and cooked berries.
- Mix in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add spices.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temp or chilled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!