New England Carnivore's Chili
Made with love using ingredients from North Country Smokehouse, Pineland Farms & Green Thumb Farms Beans. Nothing deepens the flavor of chili like a good hearty, full bodied stout - although we don't sell it, we especially love Rising Tide's Cow Island milk stout brewed in support of Rippleffect of Maine's mission of developing youth leadership through outdoor adventure.
- 1 cup Green Thumb Dry Red Kidney Beans
- 1 lb Pineland Farm Stew Beef
- 1 lb Pineland Farm's ground beef
- 1 lb North Country Smokehouse andouille sausage sliced in little circles
- 2 large green peppers chopped
- 2 large red peppers chopped
- 1 large yellow onion minced
- 2 cans Dei Fratelli Chili Ready Dice Tomatoes
- 1.5 oz Classic French Demi-glace diluted in 3 cups of warm water
- 1 can New England Stout (like Rising Tide's Cow Island)
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cover Kidney Beans with water and let sit in the refrigerator overnight
- Toss stew meat with a table spoon of flour. Heat up olive oil in a dutch oven and sear the stew meat remove and set aside.
- Add just another touch of olive oil and saute onions until translucent for about 10-15 minutes, add chopped peppers
- Once peppers cook down, add ground beef and andouille sausage, then add the spices and return seared stew meat to the dutch oven. Stir, coating all the ingredients in the spices.
- Add tomatoes and mexican oregano, stir and bring to a low simmer. Then add 3 cups of diluted demi glace and beer. Drain the beans and add to chili, then bring back to simmer and cook uncovered until reduced to desired thickness 2-3 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!