Potato & Leek Soup with North Country Bacon
- Chop bacon into pieces saute on medium heat until slightly crispy. Set aside & pour off all but 1 TBsp of rendered bacon fat
- Add leeks, carrot, celery and thyme, then turn the heat down to medium low. Cook stirring often until leeks are starting to soften and turn translucent.
- Stir in potatoes and add chicken broth. Bring to simmer over low heat and let simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. Puree with immersion blender.
- Stir in cream and bacon bits and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!