A Cinco de Mayo Inspired meal created by Chef Mike Beaumier
We are so excited to share with you this month’s Cinco de Mayo inspired Chef Box. We are featuring our very own in-house Chef Mike Beaumier. Mike graduated with his Associate’s degree in culinary arts from Eastern Maine Community College and has worked in hotels and restaurants in Northern New England since 2005. They include The Balsams Grand Resort Hotel in New Hampshire, The Lodge at Spruce Peak in Stowe, and Union at the Press Hotel in Portland, ME.
This box will include all the ingredients to make mouth-watering Chorizo and Potato Burrito’s and the chance to win a $50 Gift Card to The Front Room!
Continue reading for the Chorizo and Potato Burrito recipe and a simple guacamole recipe! We hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Chorizo and Potato Burrito
- 1 each 1# North Country Chorizo Sausage casings removed
- 1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes dice ¼”
- 1 tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1 each Red onion Julienned
- 1 bag Radishes (6 oz) sliced
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Ricker Hill Organic Apple Cider
- 1 package Cocktail Tomatoes cut into small chunks
- 1 each Avocado to taste
- 1 each Sour Cream to taste
- 1 each Cilantro to taste
- 1 package Tortillas warmed in oven
- Heat saute pan to medium-high, andplace chorizo in the pan.
- Cook the chorizo through, and take out of pan, drain on paper towels. Leave the oil from the chorizo in the pan, this will impart great flavor in the next step
- Add your grape seed oil to the pan, and swirl around to heat.
- Take your diced potatoes and add to the pan. Spread them out to give them enough space to cook and brown. Turn the pan down to medium heat.
- Allow the potatoes to crisp up on one side in the pan. This will add some texture to the tacos. This should take around 15-20 minutes to cook the potatoes and develop a nice golden brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a medium sized bowl, add the red onions, radishes, salt and sugar. Toss all the ingredients around, and once coated, add the apple cider vinegar. You have just made quick pickled condiment for your tacos
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add your chorizo back to the pan and heat everything together.
- Take your tortillas and add some of the mix to the bottom. Top with avocado, sour cream, tomatoes, the pickled condiment, and cilantro.
A Simple Guacamole
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Scoop out and mash avocado until desired consistency
- Add onion & cilantro, lime juice and salt
- Eat immediately as guacamole will turn brown. If making ahead cover with plastic wrap without air bubbles to prevent oxidation.