Tasso Ham, Shrimp & Grits
- Toss thawed and dried shrimp with the spice mix and set aside
- Add 3 cups of diluted stock and 1.5 cups of Milk and a pinch of salt to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil
- Gradually stir in polenta and reduce heat to medium low stirring frequently until the polenta absorbs all the water, about 30 minutes (or longer)
- In a saute pan, melt a tablespoon of butter and add she shrimp, cook for 2 minutes until shrimp is starting to turn pink and add tasso ham, then warm through and set aside.
- Once the polenta is done cooking, stir in 3 tablespoons of butter and all the cheese. If too think add more milk and allow to warm through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!